Tin Goose Chapter 1247 of the Experimental Aircraft Association is collecting cards for the Red Cross "Holiday Mail for Heroes" program and is inviting area residents to participate. The program, sponsored by the Red Cross and Pitney Bowes since 2006, asks Americans to show their gratitude to those who serve by writing and collecting cards with best wishes for our soldiers.
For those who wish to participate, Chapter 1247 asks that you adhere to the following criteria....
• Ensure that all cards are signed.
• Use generic salutations such as "Dear Soldier" or "Dear Service Member".
• Send ONLY cards. (No envelopes, letters, photos or inserts are allowed.)
• Do not include your mail or email addresses. (This program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.)
• Refrain from using cards with glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.
All cards should be dropped off at the Liberty Aviation/Tri-Motor Heritage Museum complex at 3515 E. State Road, Port Clinton, no later than December 1, so they can be distributed to our soldiers and their families this holiday season.