At the regular meeting of the Danbury Township Trustees held April 11, 2012 the following business was conducted:
• Road Superintendent Brett Waldron reported the mulch distribution was very successful, both Jared Griffith and Dan Bergman received commercial applicator spray licenses, ODOT will place temporary concrete barriers at Lake Point Park where stone is washing into the lake, all employees attended the quarterly safety training meeting, meetings were held regarding the Erie Beach Road project, options for dust control on the brush drop-off roadway are being explored and a community clean-up project in conjunction with LaFarge is tentatively scheduled for May 22 at the south border of the quarry property.
• Police Chief Mike Meisler reported 348 incidents in March and 116 to date in April.
• Dave Hirt provided a summary of fire department calls.
• Dianne Rozak reported all employees attended the safety meeting on April 10 which included mandatory drug-free safety program refresher training.
• Zoning Inspector Kathryn Dale reported 19 permits were processed in March and 6 permits were processed to date in April with 2 of those permits being rejected. A training session will be held for the BZA by the County Prosecutor and the Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on May 2. Mrs. Dale reported on the status of recent complaints, stated a revised contract with Clearzoning was received and that she would be meeting with a representative from Terra Tech regarding the structure of the website. Trustees approved a $400 fee for Wendy Moeller, President of the Ohio APA Chamber, to provide a presentation to the Zoning Commission on sign laws.
• Fiscal Officer Shelley Seamon reported on the direct deposit option for payroll, provided a copy of Ottawa County’s cell phone policy and provided details on investment options at Star Ohio and Marblehead Bank.
• Trustees approved March financial reports, the bank reconciliation, supplemental appropriations and payment of bills in the amount of $70,554.10.
• Trustees signed a cemetery deed to Geraldine Nason, Lot 133, grave 6 & 7 in the 2nd addition to Sackett Cemetery.
• Trustees held an executive session to discuss a personnel matter involving a public employee. No action was taken.