On Monday, Nov. 18, from noon–2 p.m., at Otterbein North Shore, 9400 North Shore Blvd., Lakeside-Marblehead, the Lunch and Learn program for clergy and lay participants will consider spirituality through the mind of a person who has dementia.
The presenter will be Cheryl Conley, MA, LSW, Alzheimer’s Association, Northwest Ohio Chapter. Conley will also discuss the spirituality of caregivers, as well as others who are ministering to the person with memory loss. The goal of the presentation is to help pastors and lay leaders understand what God means to a person with dementia. Some of those perceptions of God include: God walks with me; God is my guide; God punishes me for doing wrong; God as father; and others. The presentation includes an overview of dementia and how to better nurture the faith of a person with dementia and the caregivers.
The event is free of charge, but space is limited. To reserve your seats, r.s.v.p. to 419-798-8250.
- Marblehead Peninsula Chamber donates back to the community
- Madyson Ritz named Sight Princess at Lions Perch Festival
- Ohio’s Navy serves at Marblehead Lighthouse
- Marblehead Lite Bed and Breakfast featured at Marblehead Bank
- Ferguson Gallery holds open house to celebrate new Ferguson-Fenton Artistic Bead