For 2014, AmeriCare Home Health of Fremont and Ottawa County Commissioners have collaborated to provide beneficial health assessment and education services under a program known as the 60 Plus Program. Funded through a grant program administered by the Ottawa County Senior Resource Department, the services are offered free of cost to all Ottawa County seniors aged sixty years and older.
The 60 Plus Program features monthly assessment clinics run by registered nurses at seven designated sites where seniors can get health assessments that include blood pressure checks, weight measurements; blood tests for anemia, blood sugar and cholesterol; health education including medication and nutrition counseling, and referrals to private physicians, if needed.
The sites and schedule for the clinics are as follows:
• Elmore Senior Center in Elmore- First Tuesday of the month
• Elderlife Apartments in Genoa- Fourth Tuesday of the month
• Riverview Health Care Campus in Oak Harbor- Second Wednesday of the month
• Danbury Senior Center in Marblehead- First Wednesday of the month
• Put-in-Bay Senior Center in Put-in-Bay- Fourth Thursday of the month
• Lakeview Estates in Port Clinton- Second Tuesday of the month
• Port Clinton Senior Center in Port Clinton- Third Tuesday of the month
There are no special sign-in or enrollment requirements to receive services under this program. For more details, or to make an appointment, please call (866) 551 8187.