Mutach’s Market in Lakeside-Marblehead is offering a tasty way to celebrate the War of 1812 bicentennial and also contribute to the reading program at Danbury school. Kiedrowski’s Simply Delicious Bakery of Amherst, voted Best Bakery in America, designed the cookies and supplies Mutach’s with their famous snoogles and other pastries.
Said Lisa Sapp of Mutach’s, “We collaborated on the design of the cookies with the owner of the bakery, Tim Kiedrowski, and he choose to offer them exclusively at Mutach’s as we are the largest buyer in the area of his baked goods.”
Mutach’s is donating 100 % of the proceeds from the sale of the cookies to the Recruiting Readers project of United Way in Ottawa County to purchase books for Danbury preschool children.
“We at Mutachs felt this is a worthwhile cause,” said Sapp. “If you can read you can do anything...that's always been important to us.”
Each of the large shortbread cookies is $1.50 at Mutach’s Market, 8037 E. Harbor Road, at the corner of Northshore Boulevard and OH 163, Lakeside Marblehead. For more information or to order your bicentennial cookies, call 419.798.5203.
- Marblehead Peninsula Chamber donates back to the community
- Madyson Ritz named Sight Princess at Lions Perch Festival
- Ohio’s Navy serves at Marblehead Lighthouse
- Marblehead Lite Bed and Breakfast featured at Marblehead Bank
- Ferguson Gallery holds open house to celebrate new Ferguson-Fenton Artistic Bead