On Saturday, August 2, from 10 a.m. until midnight, the WoodsStock Music & Arts Festival will be held as a benefit at Schedel Arboretum & Gardens located in Elmore.
The rain or shine festival features a juried fine arts show and two stages of live music and eight bands performing throughout the day. The festival also includes a vintage car show and two food courts by Rosie’s Italian Grille and Rosie's Rolling Chef. Fine artists from all over the country will be lining the Grand Lawn of the beautiful seventeen acre botanical gardens. The musical lineup features the national act, indie folk rock band, Wheeler Brothers from Austin, Texas. Phil Barone and The Cruisers will close out the day with Joe Cocker and Jim Morrison tribute sets. Beer, wine and liquor are available for purchase throughout the day.
Schedel Gardens and festival director Rod Noble said, "We have a hidden gem of nature right here in people's backyards that is the perfect setting for either a fine arts show or a music show. Combining the best of those two worlds with our world class botanical gardens is just something folks won't want to miss."
The director added that Wheeler Brothers, with roots here in northwest Ohio having graduated from St. John's High School, have been touring all over the country, and noted that the festival was fortunate to have coordinated with one of the band's few open dates. "These guys are incredible musicians and vocalists. They play a style that is pleasing to anyone's ear and they put on a great show," says Noble. Barone and the Cruisers will be performing their well-known Jim Morrison Tribute synchronized with the Wet Sun Light show - an amazing 1960's style psychedelic experience.
• 10 a.m.: Kerry Patrick Clark an award-winning, Nationally #1 Charted folk-singer-songwriter.
• 11:45 a.m.: Twisted Strands will deliver a unique brand of Irish, Scottish and other Celtic inspired music.
• 1:30 p.m.: Skip Turner Band from Toledo will take the stage and perform smooth driving rhythms and tasty solo riffs of jazz horn tunes (known for his Miles Davis Tribute).
• 3 p.m.: Courdory Road is an Acoustic three-piece group covering juke box favorites.
• 5:15 p.m.: Bourbon Street Band plays a wide range of “rock, rhythm, and blues” featuring the music of Woodstock.
• 7:30 p.m.: the Wheeler Brother’s Band, touring from Austin, TX. The quintet traces a personal lineage of rock, folk, roots, Americana, and blues on its full-length album, Gold Boots Glitter (Bismeaux Records), cooking up an irresistible and inimitable gumbo of styles in the process.
• 9 p.m.: Mikey Blue Barone will take the stage with his guitar and harmonica with his smooth grace of blues!
• 9:45 p.m.: The star of Rosie’s Italian Grille, Phil Barone and The Cruiser’s, will be performing Joe Cocker and the Jim Morrison Tribute to round things out bringing charisma and a force to be reckoned with to the stage. Lizard King Horn Section and Wet Sun Light Show brings flavor of the 60’s to cap the day off.
VIP tickets are $45 in advance and include 2 drinks, seating and a special bistro area. General admission tickets are $25 in advance; lawn chairs or blankets welcome. Tickets can be purchased online at woodsstock.org, by calling 419-862-3182, or at Rosie’s Italian Grille and Schedel Arboretum & Gardens. For more information, camp sites, directions, parking, information about Schedel Gardens and nearby accommodations, visit WoodsStock.org or Schedel-Gardens.org.
Proceeds from the festival benefit the nonprofit Schedel Arboretum & Gardens in Elmore.
Schedel Arboretum & Gardens is located at 19255 W. Portage River South Rd., Elmore, Ohio 43416. For more information visit WoodsStock.org or call (419) 862-3182 or (419)-866-5007.