Port Clinton Boys tennis took on Oak Harbor Thursday at Port Clinton High School in an SBC Match. The Redskins improved to 7 - 4 (4 - 2) on the year winning 4 - 1. Port Clinton will resume league play home vs. Perkins Monday at 4 p.m.
The scores were as follows:
- 1st Singles: Eli Boldt (OH) def. Matheus Rodrigues (PC) 6 - 0, 5 - 7, 6 - 4
- 2nd Singles: Noah Cross (PC) def. Ian Rhoads (OH) 6 - 3, 4 - 6, 7 - 6 (3)
- 3rd Singles: Leandro Papa (PC) def. Doug Pennington (OH) 6 - 3, 6 - 0
- 1st Doubles: Matt Fillmore/Jeff Griffin (PC) def. Matt Rayburn/Garett Crum (OH) 6 - 0, 6 - 1
- 2nd Doubles: Max Mercurio/Ryan Norgard (PC) def. Bryce Rubie/Dane Puckett (OH) 6 - 3, 4 - 6, 6 - 4
Coach Aaron Taylor: “Matheus returned to action is a tough re-match with Eli, that Eli gritted out in the end today, both players played well and we can look forward to more in the SBC tournament/Sectionals. Noah and Ian slugged out another 3 setter that was very similar to their previous match, Noah took over in the 3rd set tiebreaker to secure the victory. Leandro came up with a big win today over Doug, hitting all his shots and playing with great confidence. Matt and Jeff were able to team back up today and they never missed a beat with a thorough victory. Max and Ryan played tough and mentally strong, pulling out a very even 3 setter today. In JV action Ellis Adolph and Tristan Auxter won their match as did Steven Kast and Joseph Miller. Cameron King and Avery Dackermann took a loss today but played well at 2 JV doubles.”