The Redskins were in control racing out to a 10-point lead after one quarter and a 17-point advantage at halftime in their 68-39 defeat of Woodmore in non-conference action last week. Emily Ashley led all scorers with 22 points, Hope Thorbahn finished with 16 and Hannah Weaver chipped in with 13. Woodmore’s Allie Wank had 14 points to lead the Wildcats and Mackenzie Johnson finished with 12.
Bellevue 76, Port Clinton 62
In a matchup between two of the area’s best teams, Bellevue pulled away from Port Clinton in the second half to earn a 76-62 victory over the Redskins. After falling behind early, Port Clinton (1-1) rallied to take a 31-30 lead at halftime and had a three-point lead when Kennedy Gulas drained a triple to put the Skins up, 40-37 midway thru the third quarter.
The Lady Red took control from there going on a 9-0 run to recapture the lead and outscored Port Clinton, 39-22, after falling behind. Bellevue’s Carly Santoro led all scorers with 27 points and freshman Jenna Strayer scored 21. Hannah Weaver led the Skins with 18 points, followed by Colston and Thorbahn, who scored 15 and 13.
This week, Port Clinton hosts Margaretta and travels to Sandusky to take on St. Mary CC.
- Special meeting of council held for presentation by Washington Properties
- Immaculate Conception Preschool open houses March 12 and 16
- Port Clinton City Schools Announces Terrific Kids for February 2014
- Edgewood Manor welcomes new Facility Rehabilitation Director
- Toledo Symphony Brass Quintet free concerts