Menu
Mark Schaffner

Mark Schaffner

Graphic Designer for Schaffner Publications, Inc. Website URL:

Tri-Motor Sales awarded Ford Motor Company President’s Award

Tri-Motor Sales of Oak Harbor is among an elite group of Ford and Lincoln dealerships to be recognized with the 2012 President’s Award by Ford Motor Company. The prestigious award honors dealerships that have excelled in automotive retailing in 2012 by providing exceptional customer service and satisfaction.

“Earning this award is a reflection of our entire staff’s commitment to delivering the best customer experience possible” says Tri-Motors’ owner David Franck. “I couldn’t be more proud to receive this recognition, especially since it comes from the people we value most, our customers. They’re the reason we were able to achieve this award.”

The Tin Goose flies again

Island Airlines and the 1929 Ford Tri-Motor “Tin Goose” are flying once again out of  Keller Field /Erie Ottawa County Airport to provide air service to Lake Erie’s Western Islands as it did between 1933 and 1985.

Members of the Tri-Motor Heritage Foundation recently climbed into the Flight Simulators at the Liberty Aviation Museum and experienced a virtual flight of the famous airlines tradition route to the islands.  Some of the members who actually flew the original planes on a few occasions marveled at the 360 degree high tech simulation.

Between now and April 7th the Flight Simulators will be on hand to allow visitors a chance to fly the Tin Goose, a P-51 Mustang and others as time permits.

For more information contact the museum at (419) 732-0234, or visit www.libertyaviationmuseum.org.

St. John Lutheran in Rocky Ridge Celebrates 125 Years

Quasquicentennial – it's not a word that rolls easily off anyone's tongue, but it is an appropriate description of the upcoming celebration at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church in Rocky Ridge. The church is located about four miles west of Oak Harbor. On Sunday, April 7, the church will celebrate its 125th year, the quasquicentennial of its birth in 1888. On April 8th of that year, the St. John parish first known by the German name “Evangelische – Lutherische St, Johannes Gemeinde” was organized by twenty-four charter members under the leadership of the Reverend Samuel Kusthardt. 

On November 5, 1888, a frame building constructed using material and labor largely donated by its members was dedicated. Just over two months after the dedication, fire completely destroyed the building. However, the members were not discouraged, as even with their humble means they began the construction of a brick building that very spring. In October of that year, less than twelve months after the dedication of the original church, the new brick building was dedicated. This structure served as the church's home until it moved into its present sanctuary less than a mile away in 1967.

Sixth Street reconstruction in Port Clinton

Bids for the reconstruction of Sixth Street from Harrison Street to Fulton Street in Port Clinton will be opened Thursday, April 4th.  The project includes reconstruction of the road base with the proper under drains provided, some additional catch basins for storm water collection, new pavement at a width of thirty-four feet, new curbs with the replacement of some of the existing sidewalks. All driveway approaches will be reconstructed using concrete. A new waterline is also being installed as part of the project.

Subscribe to this RSS feed