The Ohio Department of Job & Family Services and Ohio legislators identified the importance of measuring resident and family satisfaction in regard to how well-skilled nursing facilities provided care and services to their residents. They felt quality of care and services were so important, they established statewide thresholds 2007.
If a facility met or exceeded these thresholds, they were rewarded with additional funding for residents. While the reimbursements are a thing of the past, families can still rely on the Ohio Department of Aging continues to conduct these satisfaction surveys (residents on odd years and families on even years).
At Ottawa County Riverview Healthcare Campus (Nursing Home), the staff works very diligently to further improve all areas of the facility. The survey has become one of the tools used to determine how well Riverview Healthcare is doing. Riverview continues to encourage residents to make choices and have improved the facility’s processes, as well as educating the staff on ways to improve service.
The 2018 Family Satisfaction Survey Results were recently released to the public on the State’s Long Term Care Consumer Guide Website. Riverview Healthcare obtained an overall satisfaction rating of 86.2%, above the state average of 77.8%. The facility also had the highest satisfaction ratings in Ottawa County.
Riverview scored above the state average and the other nursing homes in Ottawa County in all categories of the survey. Some of the highlights of the survey included:
- A total of 92.9% of families said they “would highly recommend this nursing home to a family member or friend” above the state average of 74.3%.
- Riverview rated 90.6%, above the state average of 72.3% for the happiness of its staff while on the job.
- “Riverview staff was rated at 90.6% for going above and beyond to give residents a good life, above the state average of 72.2%.
- Families showed confidence in Riverview’s care, with 92% affirming they had peace of mind about the care a family member was getting when they were not at the nursing home, above the state average of 77.4%.
- Families said that 92.4% “felt warmly welcomed as a new family member,” above the state average of 86%.
More results of the Family Satisfaction Survey, as well as past surveys, can be viewed www.ltc.ohio.gov under Nursing Home Compare.
Ottawa County Riverview has had a tradition of care for Ottawa County and the surrounding area for 148 years. Riverside Healthcare managers praised the staff for its continued dedication and hard work in the services they provide residents and their families each day.
Ottawa County Riverview is a Medicare “5 Star” facility that offers Long Term Care, Short Term Rehabilitation Stays, Respite Stays, Memory Care, Adult Day Services and is the only facility in Ottawa County contracted with the Veteran’s Administration. The facility is also in the midst of a renovation to the entire facility, ending with the addition of Assisted Living.
For more information on services please contact Case Manager Cara Densic, RN at 567-262-3650. To learn of job opportunities at Riverview, call Mary Diefenthaler, 567-262-3622.