One Mile of Dollars was the goal, but thanks to the generosity of so many – and one big check from Baumann Auto Center – the Port Clinton Area Fourth of July Celebration is fully funded for 2022!
Fourth of July Committee Chairman Mike Snider said donations surpassed expectations.
“This is a community funded event. And boy, did the community step up. Nearly $13,500 has been pledged this year. As a result, we’ve increased our fireworks show by $4,000.”
“The committee works very hard year-round to insure we all get to celebrate the 4th of July to the fullest extent possible”, said Car Show Chairman Kenny Holcomb.
With a dollar bill measuring approximately 6 inches, the goal was one mile of dollars of $10,560. For every $10 donated, the donors name was entered into a raffle for some great prizes – a $250 gas card (Friendship), Jet Express season pass, VIP seating on the 4th of July, beer/wine basket (Frederick Agency), dinner for four with the Mayor as the waiter (Rosie’s), $100 in scratch-off lotto tickets (Pat’s Party Mart), a pizza a month for a year (Brick House).
Plus, the largest individual donor was given the privilege of shaving Mayor Snider’s head. That task was earned by Chuck Miller from Baumann Auto Center.
Events for the 4th of July include:
- Star Spangled Squirt Gun Run/Walk 5K: 8 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. event
- Firecracker Cutie Contest at Trinity UMC: 11 a.m. registration, noon event
- Food Truck Feast: 3-7 p.m., Trinity UMC Parking Lot
- Classic Car, Truck and Cycle Show: 100-200 Blocks of Adams Street: 3-7 p.m.
- Ice Cream Social: Trinity UMC: 3-7 p.m.
- Voices of Freedom Community Choir: Trinity UMC: 7 p.m.
- Family Dance Party: Waterworks Park: 8-10 p.m.
- Baumann Auto Center Fireworks Display: Waterworks Park / City Beach: 10 p.m.
Donations for future Port Clinton Area 4th of July Celebrations may be made payable to Port Clinton Chamber Foundation, 110 Madison Street, Port Clinton, OH 43452. (Include the memo Fireworks)