The Christmas Market will be in full swing in December, hosted by the Greater Port Clinton Area Arts Council at The Arts Garage (TAG), 317 W. Perry St., Port Clinton. Lights are twinkling, ornaments are dazzling and visitors are already delighted by the unique offerings.
The Christmas Market is open to the public on Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; and Sunday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
The 18th annual Tree-A-Rama Charity Auction will be held at TAG this year, free and open to public, sponsored by The Salvation Army and the Greater Port Clinton Area Arts Council, on Sunday, Dec. 5. Doors open at 1 p.m.; Silent Auction bidding starts at 2 p.m., with a Live Auction at 4 p.m. Guests will be able to bid and buy an assortment of decorated trees and other holiday treasures, while supporting local non-profits. A food truck will be present.
Christmas Market Classes are being held in December, and the schedule is exciting. Instructors are experts at their craft. Fees are associated with some classes and presentations. For a detailed listing and to RSVP, go to 2021xmas.com.
The class listings include:
- Monday, Dec. 6, 6-8 p.m. — Visitors will decorate a flocked Christmas Swag. Florist Mary Hill has made quite a name for herself as a Christmas decorator, and students will be learning from one of the area’s best. Cost is $45. RSVP required at 2021xmas.com.
- Saturday, Dec. 11, 2-4 p.m. Decorate an ugly sweater, ornament or tabletop tree. Guests must bring their own sweater or tree, but TAG will supply the decorations from its ugly ornament inventory. Cost is $15. RSVP required at 2021xmas.com.
- Sunday, Dec. 12, 2-4 p.m. — The renowned choir of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church will be singing from their Christmas repertoire, followed by caroling and a singalong. A special visit by Santa Claus will be one of the many highlights of this memory-making event. Free, open to public. RSVP required at 2021xmas.com.
- Tuesday, Dec. 14, 6-8 p.m. — Kate Philabaum, director of HeART Gallery in Toledo, will deliver a colorful and entertaining history lesson “At the Christmas Table.” Free, open to the public. RSVP required at 2021xmas.com.
- Saturday, Dec. 18, 2-4 p.m. — Children and adults will decorate Christmas cookies under the direction of Katie Perrine from Patsy Cakes and Confections. Cost is $15. RSVP required at 2021xmas.com.
- Sunday, Dec. 19, 2-4 p.m. — Gingerbread House Making. Cost is $20. Adult and children will create fabulous gingerbread houses. All supplies are included. Cost is $20. RSVP required at 2021xmas.com.
Interested parties are invited to stop into TAG to learn about “open studio,” where they can gather with friends to refurbish an old wreath or swag.