As the holiday season comes to a close and Christmas trees are being taken down, the Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca Joint Solid Waste District has gathered information on how to dispose of live Christmas trees. Trees must be free of all decorations and tinsel.
For fake Christmas trees all you can do is dispose of them in your trash can. Fake plastic trees are not recyclable.
Ottawa County Locations:
- City of Port Clinton – 419-734-5522 – Trees will now be collected by Republic Services at the curb in the city limits.
- Village of Genoa – 419-855-7791 – Trees will now be collected at the curb.
- Village of Marblehead – 419-798-9229 – Trees will be picked up at the curb through January.
- Village of Oak Harbor – 419-898-1823 – Place trees at the curb for pickup through January.
- Catawba Island Township – 419-797-4131 – Trees will be collected roadside through January.
- Danbury Township – 419-734-4091 – Trees may be dropped off at the designated area behind the township hall, 5972 E. Port Clinton Rd., through January.
- Erie Township – 419-635-2010 – Trees may be dropped off at the old LaCarne School in January during daylight hours.
- Portage Township – 419-732-3543 – Trees will be collected at the curb or road edge until January 31.
- Salem Township – 419-898-4494 – Trees accepted at Salem Township Union Cemetery through January.
For more information regarding Christmas tree disposal, the District recommends that you contact your township, city or village at the phone number listed.