The Ohio State University Marching Band returns Sunday, Sept. 3 as part of the Bicen+10 Celebration. The band will arrive via the Miller Ferry to Put-in-Bay and parade through the village to Perry’s Memorial for a free performance.
This legendary band will be performing in celebration of the anniversary of the Battle of Lake Erie (1813-2023). Prepare for an unforgettable day of family-friendly fun followed by a spectacular fireworks display at dusk.
The Sunday, Sept. 3 schedule is:
- 12:45 p.m.: Be at the Miller Ferry Catawba Dock if you would like to see The Ohio State University Marching Band as they board the 1 p.m. ferry to Put-in-Bay. Allow time to park.
- 2 p.m.: The OSU Marching Band will arrive at the Miller Ferry Downtown Dock, located on Bayview Ave. at Miller Marina, Put-in-Bay.
- 2–2:45 p.m.: Band will parade from Miller Marina to Downtown Put-in-Bay and around DeRivera Park and finishing the parade at Put-in-Bay School.
- 7 p.m.: Band will march from Put-in-Bay School to Perry’s Monument.
- 7:30-8 p.m.: Band will perform at Perry’s Victory & International Peace Memorial.
- 8:30 p.m.: Fireworks display over Put-in-Bay Harbor.
- 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.: There will be additional ferry trips leaving Put-in-Bay for passengers.