Help for water bills now available through GLCAP

Mar 2, 2022 | Around Ottawa County | 0 comments

Assistance for water and wastewater bills in Ottawa County is now available through the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership (GLCAP) Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP).

GLCAP-LIHWAP can help residents who are facing a water shut-off or are in disconnect. The program can also help residents establish new water service or pay for service transfers.

GLCAP-LIHWAP serves residents of Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, and Wood County who are at or below 175% federal poverty guidelines (e.g. $22,540 annual income/household of one; $46,375 annual income/family of four).

GLCAP has long-served the four-county region with utility assistance for electric, gas, and fuel supply needsfor residents facing shut-offs or shortages. New federal funding provided by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services to the states to administer for water/wastewater needs has made the service possible.

“For many years, we have been able to help people with heating and cooling bills, but had few if any resources to assist those who needed help with water bills,” GLCAP Adult & Youth Development Director Ragan Claypool said. Assistance is available now through Sept. 30 by visiting or by calling 800-775-9767.

Related Post 


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


July 2024

Share This