Women spies during World War II, Ohio presidents and historical hauntings are among the topics local historian Mike Gilbert will cover during History Roundtable this fall, a virtual presentation by the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums. Those who register will receive a link to join the live program. Those who cannot attend live online will receive a link to the recorded program.
Gilbert, a retired teacher, shares his historical research and findings during these six sessions on Saturdays in September and October. Sessions are from 10 to 11:30 a.m. and online only. Online admission is $5 per session or $25 for all six. Pre-registration and pre-payment are required.
Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted. To register and pay, contact Julie Mayle at email@example.com. For information, call 419-332-2081, or visit rbhayes.org.
The schedule of sessions is:
- Saturday, Sept. 11 – Women Spies in World War II – The use of military spies has played an integral role in numerous wars. These women from around the world sacrificed their time, talent and lives in the fight against Germany and Japan.
- Saturday, Sept. 18 – Hidden in Plain Sight – Explore topics ranging from the Salem Witch Trials through the Spanish flu. These stories that have gone astray will be brought back to reveal the unique circumstances surrounding their place in history.
- Saturday, Sept. 25 – Ohio’s Presidents – Ohio has a rich history in relation to the nation’s presidents. From Harrison to Harding, examine the men and women who contributed to Ohio’s presidential prowess.
- Saturday, Oct. 9 – The Fitzgerald and Kennedy Dynasties – One of the greatest political dynasties in American history will be the focus in this exciting look at the individuals behind the Fitzgerald and Kennedy families Experience the triumph, scandal, corruption and heartache interwoven throughout each generation.
- Saturday, Oct. 16 – Northwest Ohio Stories – Murderers, gangsters and heroes abound in these exciting tales of Northwest Ohio. Listen to the stories of those who took center stage in these remarkable events.
- Saturday, Oct. 23 – Historical Hauntings – In one of the more popular presentations, take a look at historical hauntings from around the world. All new and guaranteed to send a chill down your spine.