November will be a busy month for the Ida Rupp Public Libraries in Port Clinton, Marblehead and the Erie Islands. Featured will be a Scavenger Hunt, Write-In for Teens, Fall Terrariums and a Grab & Go Kit for kids and adults. Here is what is on the Ida Rupp Libraries schedule in November:
Monday, November 1
- Dinosaur Scavenger Hunt, Ida Rupp Public Library, Port Clinton; Children. Oh no! Dinosaurs have taken over the library this month! Stop by to see if you can find them all and win a dino-mite prize!
- Thankful Tree, Ida Rupp Public Library; All Ages. What are you thankful for? Now’s the time to think about what we’re all grateful for during this holiday season. Come to the front desk, grab a fall leaf, and write down what you are thankful for!
- Yoga with Kylie, Ida Rupp Public Library; 3 – 4 p.m.; Teens. Teens in grades 6-12 are invited to enjoy a yoga class led by certified yoga instructor, Kylie. Yoga mats provided.
- Grab & Go Craft Kit for Adults – Ombre Pinecones, Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; Adults. This Grab & Go Craft Kit contains everything you need to create a beautiful ombre pinecone.
- Books & Brews, Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; 6:30 – 8 p.m.; Adults. Do you know how fun it is to discuss the books you have been reading? Do you wish you had a group of friends to share these titles with? Join this lively group on the patio of Jamestown Tavern to talk about your new and old favorites.
Tuesday, November 2
- Tales for Tots with Miss Kristen, Ida Rupp Public Library; 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.; Children. Join Miss Kristen for stories, songs and playtime.
- Come Write-In for NaNoWriMo, Ida Rupp Public Library; 3 – 5 p.m.; Teens. Teens in grades 6-12 are challenged to write nonstop for 2 hours in the Tech Lab at the front of the library. One teen with the highest word count submitted by Tuesday, Nov. 30 wins a prize.
Wednesday, November 3
- Paper Plate Thanksgiving Wreaths, Ida Rupp Public Library; 4 – 5 p.m.; Children. Create your own paper plate Thanksgiving wreath, complete with leaves, paint pens, ribbon, and glitter.
Thursday, November 4
- Baby Bookworms with Miss Chloe, Ida Rupp Public Library; 10:30 – 10:55 a.m.; Children. Little ones and their parents join Miss Chloe for a story time full of books, music, and toys.
- Mystery Book Discussion, Ida Rupp Public Library; 7 – 8 p.m.; Adults. Join us for a discussion of The K Team by David Rosenfelt. Copies are available at the circulation desk.