Lakeside Chautauqua’s Hoover Auditorium, a cultural hot spot on Lake Erie, hosts a variety of musicians, comedians, illusionists, dancers and bands nightly during the summer. Visit www.lakesideohio.com/calendar to view 2019 entertainers. This week’s entertainment includes:
- Saturday, June 22, 8:15 p.m.: Six-time Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Amy Grant returns to Lakeside to perform her popular hits, “Baby,Baby,” “El Shaddai” and “Every Heartbeat.”
- Sunday, June 23, 7:30 p.m.: As part of Lakeside’s new Performing Arts Institute, the Chautauqua Choral Festival is a musical retreat for choral singers, offering opportunities to participate in rehearsals and sessions focusing on choral singing and vocal technique. The concert, titled “Hope Beckons,” is about hope, peace and faith in our world.
- Monday, June 24, 8:15 p.m.: Movie Night features “Aristocats” (G).
- Tuesday, June 25, 8:15 p.m.: Lakeside welcomes Wm. Paul Young, author of the worldwide bestsellers, The Shack, Cross Roads and Eve. He will share insights on his life and his writings with Lakesiders in a Q&A format.
- Wednesday, June 26, 7:30 p.m.: Family Entertainment Series featuring Mutts Gone Nuts featuring a pack of talented pooches perform high-flying Frisbee tricks, tight-wire walking, dancing, magic and introduces Sammie the Talking Dog.
- Thursday, June 27, 8:15 p.m.: Fusing jazz, bossa nova and classical music, Brazilian guitarist Diego Figueiredo will make his Lakeside debut alongside award-winning Italian singer and songwriter Chiara Izzi.
- Friday, June 28, 8:15 p.m.: Swearing off instruments, the award-winning vocal band Six Appeal returns to Hoover Auditorium to take the audience on a journey spanning decades of music, performing classic oldies, current chart toppers and catchy original tunes, all sung a cappella.
- Purchasing a Daily, Friday, Saturday or Season Chautauqua Pass includes admission to Lakeside Chautauqua and the show in Hoover Auditorium. A separate ‘ticket’ is not necessary to attend a show or concert.