Join Lakeside this holiday season and celebrate “A Lakeside Christmas” on Friday through Saturday, Dec. 3-4. This action-packed Christmas weekend includes children’s activities, a tree lighting ceremony, carolers, choirs, train rides, movies in Orchestra Hall, holiday shopping and dining.
Admission and parking are free.
Friday, Dec. 3
- 5 p.m. Trivia — Slack House Historic Cafe: Grab dinner and get ready to show off your random fact finesse to compete for prizes and bragging rights!
- 5-7 p.m. Fire Pits & S’Mores, Walnut Plaza: The Slack House will be offering make-your-own s’mores kits for purchase and roast around fire pits in downtown Lakeside.
- 5-8 p.m. Lakeside Express Train Rides & 1-5 p.m. Downtown Lakeside at Walnut Ave. & Second St., $5/per person, 2 and under free: All Aboard! Bring your family and friends and take a ride on the Lakeside Express Train this weekend only. Enjoy the magic and beauty of Lakeside on this scenic ride complete with Christmas Spirit and good cheer. Enjoy a hot chocolate and cookie as you arrive back to the station.
- 7 p.m. “The Polar Express” Orchestra Hall, Donations welcome: Come take a magical adventure to the North Pole. “The Polar Express” is a musical fantasy film based on the 1985 children’s book of the same name by Chris Van Allsburg. Throughout his journey, a young boy learns about friendship, bravery and the spirit of Christmas. (100 minutes)
Saturday, Dec. 4
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Heritage Hall Museum & Lakeside Heritage Society | 238 Maple Ave. & Walnut Plaza | FREE: Explore the Heritage Hall Museum and take part in a scavenger hunt adventure. Visit the Heritage Society archives on Walnut Plaza for vintage Christmas displays and gift market.
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Decorate Like a Pro: Christmas Tree Decorating Tips & Tricks, Orchestra Hall, free: Polly Albrecht, former White House Christmas decorator, will demonstrate how she transforms a plain tree into something spectacular.
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. The Legend of St. Nicholas Story & Craft, Aigler Room/Fountain Inn, free: Children are invited to listen to the story of the Legend of Saint Nicholas and craft a paper shoe. In honor of the legend, a surprise will be found in their shoe by end of the story.
- 12-12:30 p.m. – UMC Carolers, Walnut Plaza: Presented by the Lakeside Heritage Society, listen as carolers from the Lakeside United Methodist Church share Christmas cheer on Walnut Plaza.
- 1-2 p.m. Children’s Story Time & Craft, Aigler Room/Fountain Inn, free: Join The Fine Print Bookstore for a holiday story time including “Snowmen at Christmas,” “Star Bright,” and “Tiny Reindeer.” Following the stories there will be a story-themed craft time.
- 2-4 p.m. Santa Meet & Greet, Fountain Inn Lobby, free: Children of all ages are invited to meet Santa Claus, straight from the North Pole. Enjoy refreshments and capture photos to cherish for a lifetime.
- 2:30 – 5 pm. Musical Entertainment, Hoover Porch: Port Clinton Touch of Class (a cappella group) 2:30 p.m., Sandusky High School Show Band 3 p.m., Sandusky High School Choir from 3:30 p.m. and Huron High School Choir from 4-5 p.m.
- 7 p.m. Lakeside Giving Tree & Lighting Ceremony, Walnut Plaza: Celebrate the Christmas season by joining together for the tree lighting ceremony and giving tree presentation! Friday and Saturday, Dec. 3-4, you are invited to give a gift in support of the Lakeside Annual Fund.
- 7:30 p.m. “The Muppet Christmas Carol” Orchestra Hall, Donations welcome: The Muppet characters tell their version of the classic tale of an old and bitter miser’s redemption on Christmas Eve. (1 hr 25 min). For more information on “A Lakeside Christmas” visit, lakesideohio.com/calendar.
- 4:30 p.m. Doors Open | 5:30 p.m. | Christmas Dinner presented by Ward Catering | Dinner Buffet| Wesley Lodge, Reservations Required. Tickets: $28 for adults, $10 for children. Reservations: Call 419-357-5482. Pre-Order Carryout: Ward Catering is also offering pre-ordered carryout dinners. Pickup time is between 3-4 p.m.: Join Ward Catering for a Christmas dinner buffet at Wesley Lodge. Doors will open at 4:30 p.m. for appetizers and premium beverages. Attendants will release guest tables beginning at 5:30 p.m. for the dinner buffet.
The evening will conclude with a dessert and coffee station in time for guests to leave and attend the Tree Lighting Ceremony. on Walnut Plaza beginning at 7 p.m. Reservations may be made by calling Ward Catering at (419) 357-5482.