During “I Love My Library Month” all locations of the Ida Rupp Public Library are offering both their regular programming, such as book clubs, story hours, and writing groups, as well as several one- time only events.
Ida Rupp Public Library in Port Clinton will present The Blizzard of ’78 with Peggy Debien from the Ottawa County Historical Museum. Crafts are on the agenda at Erie Islands Library with a chance to create a message/photo board just in time for Valentine’s Day while Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library will have a presentation on meal planning.
This week’s library events include:
Thursday, Feb. 13
- Elementary Arts & Crafts, Ida Rupp, 4 p.m., Grades 1 – 4.
- Pulitzer Prize Book Club, Laughing Boy by Oliver La Fargo, Marblehead, 4 p.m. Adults
- DIY Valentine Message/Photo Display Board, Erie Islands, 4:30 p.m., Teens, adults.
- The Blizzard of ‘78, Ida Rupp, 6 p.m., Adults. Watch the WBGU-TV documentary The Blizzard of ‘78. Peggy Debien from the Ottawa County Historical Museum will present the documentary and take questions.
- Bedtime Story Time, Ida Rupp, 7 p.m., All ages. Come in your PJ’s, bring a pillow.
Friday Feb 14
- Friday Friends Story Hour, Marblehead, 11 a.m., Children.
Tuesday, Feb. 18
- Sensory Story Time, Ida Rupp, 10:30 a.m., Toddlers.Public Library, 10:30 – 11 a.m., Toddlers with sensory needs or who are on the autism spectrum.
- Teen Game Day, Ida Rupp, 3 p.m., Grades 6-12.
- Lego Night: Design Your Own Island, Erie Islands, 4:30 p.m., Grades 1-4. Library, 4:30 – 5:30, Grades 1 – 4.
- Meal Planning 101, Marblehead, 6 p.m., Adullts. Peninsula Branch Library; 6:00 – 8:00, Adults. Bring recipes to share
- Writers Wanted Critique Group, Marblehead, 6 p.m., Adults.
Wednesday, Feb. 19
- Hearts and Hands Craft Club, Erie Islands, 2 p.m., Adults. Bring craft to share.
Thursday, Feb. 20
- Elementary STEM, Ida Rupp, 4 p.m., Grades 1-4. Public Library; 4:00 – 5:00, Grades 1 – 4. Maker Space Building.
- Words & Wine, Erie Islands, 5 p.m., Library; 5:00 – 6:00, Adults. Share a good book. Location to be announced.
- Barking for Books, Marblehead, 6 p.m.
- Bedtime Story Time, Ida Rupp , 7 p.m., Public Library, 7:00 – 7:30, All ages. Come in your PJ’s, bring a pillow.