The Magruder Oncology Department has debuted a Cancer Support Group which will meet on the fourth Wednesday each month from 1-2 p.m. in the Magruder Conference Center. This group is free and open to anyone impacted by cancer, including patients, caregivers and family members.
You do not have to be a patient of Magruder Oncology to attend.
There will be an expert to present on a different topic each month, and the remainder of the time will be for questions and answers and open discussion. The group will meet from September through May (no meeting in December), and participants are welcome to bring their lunch or a snack to eat if they would like. Coffee and tea will be available.
The topics of the Cancer Support Group and meeting dates are:
- Oct. 25: Making My Wishes Known with Advance Directives
- Nov 29: Cancer Services Programs & Assistance
- Jan. 24: Nutrition, Nausea & Diabetes
- Feb. 28: Cancer Screenings
- March 27: Community Health Worker Assistance
- April 24: Treatment Options During and After Cancer
- May 22: Now What….Cancer Survivorship
No RSVP is necessary. For questions, reach out to Taffy Armstrong at 419-734-3131 Ext. 3729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.