As Ohio begins to open back up, Magruder Hospital has provided an update on its services and safety precautions. The health of the communities is important to us, and officials want everyone to feel comfortable so there is no delay in getting the care they need.
Patients may be concerned about coming into a healthcare facility, but here are the ways they are keeping you safe at Magruder Hospital.
- Physical Distancing – 6-foot markings on the floor, barriers, varied check-in procedures.
- Schedule Management – staggered appointments and varied check-in procedures.
- Screenings – taking everyone’s temperature and asking about symptoms, travel and contact with others.
- Masking – requiring everyone to wear a mask, unless medically contraindicated.
- Enhanced Cleaning Schedules – waiting rooms, exam rooms, bathrooms and check-in areas will be sanitized regularly with a CDC-approved disisnfectant.
- Hand Hygiene – frequent hand washing is encouraged and hand sanitizer is recommended when entering and exiting a building and exam room.
- Visitor Restrictions – visitor restrictions remain in place to minimize contact between individuals.
Things have been shuffled around quite a bit over the last couple of months – here is an update on how to access Magruder’s services.
- Family and Internal Medicine Physicians and Nurse Practitioners are seeing patients in the office and many are also offering virtual visits via video or phone call. Call your provider’s office to see what option is best for you.
- The Urgent Care is open 7 days a week, 9:30am to 8:30pm.
- The Emergency Room is open 24/7.
- If you have questions about symptoms or where to go for care, call your provider’s office. If you do not have a primary care provider, Magruder Hospital can help. Call its “find a provider line” at 419-734-3131 Ext. 3351
- Outpatient lab draws have returned to the main Magruder Hospital location and the walk-in lab draw sites at the Magruder Medical Group offices of Drs. Cadigan, Callahan, Blunt, and Jackson.
The Magruder Hospital lab will be open Monday through Fridays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon. All patients coming for lab work, including recurring orders, will need to enter through the Outpatient Entrance.
The lab stations at the Magruder Medical Group locations will all be open 8 a.m. to noon. The lab site at Dr. Jackson’s office will be open from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Lab patients who come to these off-site locations will be asked to call a number posted at each location and wait in their car. A staff member will come get them when it is their turn.
As now allowed by the Ohio Department of Health, there is an increase in the amount of elective surgeries being performed at Magruder Hospital. It is working with surgeons and patients to schedule procedures accordingly.
Physical and Occupational Therapies are being provided at the Knoll Crest therapy location (419-732-9894). Speech and physical therapy are being provided at the Oak Harbor Location (419-898-1777). This will remain in effect for a little longer as officials look at enlarging the hospital therapy waiting room to accommodate social distancing.
The Pharmacy at Magruder remains open for drive-thru filling only. Hours are Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday or Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The outpatient entrance at Magruder Hospital is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The outpatient entrance is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, but Magruder’s ER entrance remains open 24/7.
Hospital officials are eager to get back to screenings, education events, wellness classes and support groups. They will notify the press and update the website and facebook page as that happens.