Each year, more and more older adults are making a positive impact in and around Ottawa County. As volunteers, employees, employers, educators, mentors, advocates, and more, they offer insight and experience that benefit the entire community. That’s why Older Americans Month (OAM) has been recognizing the contributions of this growing population for 56 years.
Led by the Administration for Community Living (ACL) each May, OAM provides resources to help older Americans stay healthy and independent, and resources to help communities support and celebrate their diversity.
This year’s OAM theme, Connect, Create, Contribute, encourages older adults and their communities to:
- Connect with friends, family, and local services and resources.
- Create through activities that promote learning, health, and personal enrichment.
- Contribute time, talent, and life experience to benefit others.
Ottawa County Senior Resources will celebrate OAM by promoting ways that community members of all ages can take part in helping Ottawa County thrive. We encourage you to:
- Connect: with Ottawa County Senior Resources – The main resource of Senior Services for Ottawa County Seniors, their families and caregivers
- Create: through participation in activities that include promote wellness.
- Contribute: by volunteering your time and talent in helping Senior Resources with our Food for Pet Program.
Communities that support and recognize older adults are stronger! Join us in strengthening our community – this May and throughout the year. Visit the official OAM website for ideas and inspiration, and follow Ottawa County Senior Resources on Facebook.