BY D’ARCY PATRICK EGAN
The new M.O.M Stage in downtown Port Clinton will make its debut on Saturday, May 1, and 40 acts have already been lined up for the 2021 M.O.M. Entertainment Schedule that will run on Thursday through Saturday from June 3 through Sept. 8.
“It is going to be an amazing summer for Downtown Port Clinton,” said Mayor Mike Snider, who had a lot of praise to spread around.
“We have a great entertainment coordinator, Ron Nisch, putting this all together, and the downtown merchants have all been behind our efforts,” said Snider. “We have to thank Live Nation, the world’s largest concert promoter, for donating a $25,000 stage to the city to create an amazing M.O.M. Entertainment Stage on Madison Street.”
Snider said a local Live National executive approached him last summer with a great idea.
“Covid-19 had slammed the door on all of the Live Nation concerts last year, and the executive, a summertime resident, was impressed with the excitement generated by last year’s M.O.M. area,” said Snider. “He thought it would be a great idea to give Port Clinton a big Live Nation concert stage for the 2021 summer season.
“We now have a lot of others wanting to be included on the M.O.M. schedule,” said Snider. “We’re talking with Ida Rupp Library about planning youth events on weekends. The Firelands Concert Series, shut down last year by Covid-19, is now considering senior music events on the M.O.M. Stage.”
Ron Nisch is a Toledo attorney, a local songwriter, recording artist, performer and the entertainment coordinator for the 2021 M.O.M. Entertainment Schedule. He has put together a surprising array of local, regional and national talent for the M.O.M. Stage, including his own band, Athens Wheeler.
“We’ve come a long way in a short time,” admitted Nisch. “The schedule isn’t complete yet, but we’re close. This is going to be a fantastic summer of music and entertainment in Downtown Port Clinton.”
While the concert times have yet to be written in stone, expect early evening music. Catering to music fans enjoying the open air concerts on Madison Street, local taverns and restaurants will be allowed to sell alcohol for open carry consumption under the MORA rules in the Downtown MORA District.
The opening weekend of the 2021 M.O.M. Entertainment Schedule will spotlight JK Razz on Thursday, June 3, followed by the Joe Woods Band on Friday, June 4, and Laura Rain and the Caesars on Saturday, June 5.
Completing the June lineup will be:
- Thursday, June 10 – Corduroy Road
- Friday, June 11 – Noisy Neighbors
- Saturday, June 12 – Danny Pratt and the Bad Decisions
- Thursday, June 17 – MC and Mark
- Friday, June 18 – The Nutones
- Saturday., June 19 – Miss Kitty and the Litter
- Thursday, June 24 – Jeff Stewart
- Friday, June 25 – The Amelia Airharts
- Saturday, June 26 – Shane Piasecki and the Lone Wolf Hippies
- Thursday, July 1 – The Locals
- Friday, July 2 – Distant Cousinz
- Saturday, July 3 – The 25’s
- Thursday, July 8 – Jordon & Josh
- Friday July 9 – Athens Wheeler
- Saturday, July 10 – CC Machine
- Thursday, July 15 – Jennifer Westwood
- Friday, July 16 – Waves De Ache
- Saturday, July 17 – Bobby May & Friends
- Thursday, July 22 – Ordinary Americans
- Friday, July 23 – Open
- Saturday, July 24 – The Grape Smugglers
- Thursday, July 29 – Laurie Swyers & New Moon
- Friday, July 30 – The Buzz Anderson Project
- Saturday, Guy 31 – Johnny Reed
- Thursday, Aug. 5 – Shane Piasecki and the Lone Wolf Hippies
- Friday – Open
- Saturday, Aug. 7 – Open
- Thursday, Aug. 12 – Chloe & the Steel Strings
- Friday, Aug. 13 – JK Razz
- Saturday, Aug. 14 – The Tubbs
- Thursday, Aug. 19 – Matt Goodrich
- Friday, Aug. 20 – The Joe Woods Band
- Saturday, Aug. 21 – Open
- Thursday, Aug. 26 – Ordinary Americans
- Friday, Aug. 27 – Open
- Saturday, Aug. 28 – The Eric Sowers Band
- Thursday, Sept. 2 – Jeff Stewart
- Friday, Sept. 3 – Corduroy Road
- Saturday, Sept. 4 – Athens Wheeler
- Sunday, Sept. 5 – Distant Cousinz
- Friday, Sept. 10 – Open
- Saturday, Sept. 11 – The Daydrinkers
- Friday, Sept. 17 – Ron Howard and Cruisin’
Editor’s Note: The Beacon will publish the weekly Live Entertainment listings each week for Ottawa County that will include the M.O.M. Entertainment Schedule.
The 2021 RiverFront Live Schedule on Friday nights hosted by Main Street Port Clinton at the M.O.M. Area will begin at 6 p.m.:
- June 4 – Jai Merina
- June 11 – Witt Brothers
- June 18 – John Davenport/Island Song Trio
- June 25 – Two Feet Under
- July 2 – John Pickle
- July 9 – Jerry Davenport
- July 16 -Jamey Hensley
- July 23 -Mikey Blue
- July 30 – Open
- Aug. 6 – The Walleyes
- Aug. 13 – Ottawa County Blue Grass Band
- Aug. – 20 Dave Ninke
Mayor Snider and so many others are beginning to get our town right again. The town hasn’t driven out the industry. They left on there own. And yes we are now a tourist town pretty much. Locals are trying very hard to make it work year around. Big applause for their hard work.
If you are looking for more live bands..check out mine on facebook..
Classic 60s and 70s Rock
Have loved the music at m.o.m. This summer. Well there be any more Tuesday entertainment in September?
We have a rockin band based in Grand Rapids Ohio named …. Remnantz…. Check us out on FB and see if you might enjoy having us rock The Beacon. Thank you