The Oak Harbor Public Library is much more than books! Librarians wants to help everyone get into the holiday spirit with Holiday Drop in Crafts for all Ages on Friday, Nov. 26 from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Storytime for Preschoolers is every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
Library hours in November are: Monday –Thursday: 9:30 a.m.–7 p.m.; Friday: 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. The Oak Harbor Public Library will be closed on Nov. 11 for Veteran’s Day and on November 25th for Thanksgiving.
Contactless pickup is still available. For questions, call 419-898-7001. Meeting Rooms available by reservation, Quiet Rooms on a first- come first-served basis. The Local History & Museum Center is open Thursday from 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Just for Adults
- Oak Harbor Then and Now on Tuesday, Nov. 9 at 2 p.m., presented by local historians Dick Martin and John Liske. View Oak Harbor in the past, and compare how it looks currently.
- Craft Monday, Nov. 15 at 2 p.m. Trivet craft, all supplies provided. Register at oakharborpubliclibrary.org or call 419-898-7001.
- Pre-Holiday Spa with mocktails, massage, crafting, nails. Pamper yourself before the holidays start on Tuesday, Nov. 16 from 5-6:30 p.m. Space is limited so register by calling 419-898-7001 or visit oakharborpubliclibrary.org.
- Watercolor on Wednesdays from 12:30-4:30 p.m. Bring your own supplies and join others who enjoy the art of watercolor.
- Knitter’s Group on Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Bring your own supplies and see what others are making.
- “Coffee and a Book”, book club, meets on Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 11 a.m. in the library meeting room. This month’s book is “Anxious People” by Fredrik Backman. An apartment open house and a bank robbery gone wrong starts this book.
- The 4th Tuesday book club will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 23 at 6 p.m. at the Library. “Such a Fun Age” by Kiley Reid an insightful novel about class, race, and relationships.
- Make sure to check out all the free digital resources on the Oak Harbor Public Library website.