State Route 53, between E. State Rd. and SR 163, Port Clinton, will experience lane restrictions for widening. Paving on Route 2 and the Sandusky Bay Bridge had caused long delays last weekend for cars and trucks trying to access the Port Clinton, Catawba Peninsula and Marblehead Peninsula areas.
The Gateway to the Islands Project will last through Memorial Day. Additional restrictions will be announced, reported ODOT. While Route 53 is being widened to three lanes with a middle turn lane, businesses on both sides of Route 53 between State Road and Route 163 are still accessible.
- State Route 19 in Oak Harbor will be closed again, north of SR 163, for 5 days for resurfacing in early/mid-August. The asphalt plant was struck by lightning causing a delay in the work to progress. SR 19 detour when needed: SR 523 to SR 53 to SR 2.
- State Route 51 at State Route 163, Genoa, will experience lane restrictions at the intersection for traffic signal replacement through summer.
- State Route 105, between SR 163 and S. Toussaint-Portage Rd., Oak Harbor, is closed for a bridge replacement through August. (Inactive detour: SR 590 to SR 163).
- State Route 163, between Oak Harbor and SR 590, will experience lane restrictions for resurfacing through early September.
- State Route 579 in Williston will be closed at the railroad tracks for repairs beginning Monday, Aug. 14 for 5 days.
- Eastbound SR 579 detour: SR 51 to SR 163 to SR 590 to SR 2. Westbound SR detour: SR to Dearborn Ave. to southbound I-280 to SR 51 (Exit 6A) to SR 51.
- Various routes in the county will be restricted through the work zone for installation of pavement markings. Estimated completion: November. This work will continue for adjustment/touch ups in October.