The following Oho Department of Transportation construction projects could affect highways in Ottawa County next week. The reports are:
- State Route 19, north of the Portage River Bridge, Oak Harbor, permitted local closure is complete.
- State Route 51 at State Route 163, Genoa, will experience lane restrictions at the intersection for traffic signal replacement through summer.
- State Route 163 between N. Toussaint South and Brokate Road will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for ditch work through May.
- Various routes throughout the county will be restricted at times through the work zone for herbicidal spraying.
- Various routes in the county will be restricted through the work zone for installation of pavement markings. Estimated completion: November.
- Various routes in the county will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for sealing of pavement cracks. Work is expected to be completed in two weeks.
On Monday, June 5, at 8 a.m the Ohio Turnpike will close the eastbound and westbound exit ramps at Toll Plaza 81 (Elmore-Woodville-Gibsonburg) in Ottawa County for Toll Collection System (TCS) upgrades.
Entrance to the Ohio Turnpike at Toll Plaza 81 from state Route 51 will remain open. Westbound travelers can exit at Toll Plaza 91 (Fremont-Port Clinton) and Eastbound travelers can exit at Toll Plaza 71 (Stony Ridge-Toledo) and both should follow the posted detour signs to state Route 51.
The toll plaza upgrades include the removal of existing hardware components and pavement repairs in the toll booth areas. The work at Toll Plaza 81 is expected to be completed by July 21.