Magruder Hospital and OSU Extension are partnering for “Walking Wednesdays” all around Ottawa County this summer. The group will meet at a different location each Wednesday at 5 p.m. for a brief health education talk. The group will then walk for as long as they want, with most hitting the trail for up to an hour.
The “Walking Wednesdays” are an opportunity to share health information, get some physical exercise, spend time outdoors and socialize with others. Community members are invited to come whenever they are able.
The “Walking Wednesday” dates and locations are:
- June 22 — Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, 14000 OH-2, Oak Harbor.
- June 29 — True-Lay Stadium track. Meet across the street from Bataan School, 525 W. 6th St., Port Clinton.
- July 6 — North Coast Inland Trail. Meet at Walter Ory Park, corner of Rice St. and Maple St., Elmore.
- July 13 — North Coast Inland Trail. Meet at Big Dipper, 601 Washington St., Genoa.
- July 20 — Veterans Memorial Park, 300 Finke Rd., Oak Harbor.
- July 27 — Magruder Hospital Walking Trail. Meet at main entrance, 615 Fulton St., Port Clinton.
- Aug. 3 — North Coast Inland Trail. Meet at Walter Ory Park, corner of Rice St. and Maple St., Elmore.
- Aug. 10 — North Coast Inland Trail. Meet at Big Dipper, 601 Washington St., Genoa.
For more information, contact Katie Schlagheck at OSU Extension at 419-898-3631.