Port Clinton High School DECA members boarded a school bus destined for Bowling Green State University last week to participate in the DECA District 2 competition. Port Clinton was well represented with several students qualifying to compete at the State level in Columbus on Friday and Saturday, March 11-12.
Students were involved in a variety of business related competitions. Port Clinton’s DECA students received the following awards:
- Madison Wiechman, Food Marketing Series, First place.
- Olivia Perry, Automotive Services Series, First place.
- Mia Sanchez, Human Resources Management Series, Second Place.
- Brigitte Schroeder, Principles of Hospitality & Tourism, Third Place.
- Logan Brown, Hotel & Lodging Management Series,Third Place.
- Isaac Apple and Wyatt Siefke, Financial Services Team, Third Place.
- Jordan Waddell, Principles of Business Management and Administration, Third Place.
- Joseph Apple, Marketing Communication Series, Fourth place.
- Joaquin Turner-Heidelburg, Retail Merchandising Series, Fourth Place.
Port Clinton DECA students also placing in the district contest and receiving Fourth Place Awards were Olivia Rodgers – Principles of Marketing; Jessica Waddell – Principles of Finance; Vicky Provonsha, Business Services Marketing; and Mason Short, Personal Financial Literacy Event.
DECA members Dietrich Bergman, Cheyenne Whitaker, Katherine Rodgers, Camryn Brown, Lillie Fox, Sophia DiMario, Addison Figard, Christen Sayre, Morgan Woods, Lillie Rolen Kaitlin Kennedy, and Briar Rohrer also participated in the district competition. Bill Hollister is Port Clinton’s DECA Advisor and Marketing Education teacher.