Ottawa County Municipal Court will be conducting a Safe Harbor Day on Thursday, June 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to give men and women with outstanding warrants the chance to address their legal issues without immediately going to jail.
The Safe Harbor Day only applies to warrants issued by the Ottawa County Municipal Court.
Upon reporting to the Court on Safe Harbor Day, the warrant will be lifted and recalled from law enforcement.
Some examples of individuals who can participate in Safe Harbor Day are:
- Those who failed to attend a court hearing will be seen by the Judge or Magistrate to give them the opportunity to enter a pleas or have their hearing rescheduled.
- Individuals who failed to complete court ordered evaluations or programs will be allowed to re-engage in treatment with the appropriate monitoring by the Court’s Probation Department.
- Individuals who failed to perform community service will be given the opportunity to reschedule their completion date.
- Individuals who did not attend a payment status hearing will meet with the Judge or Magistrate to review their financial status and establish a new payment plan.
- Individuals who did not report to serve a jail sentence will be issued a new date to report.