Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all Sandusky County Bicentennial events have been postponed until 2021.
The Bicentennial Committee will continue to monitor the situation and announce rescheduled dates on its website, bicentennial2020.org, and its Facebook page, @sanduskycounty2020.
The committee plans to reschedule the events for 2021 as long as health conditions improve so that it is safe to have the events. Although it is disappointing that these events cannot take place this year, the bicentennial committee’s foremost concern is the health of the public and making sure the celebrations of Sandusky County’s 200th birthday take place in a safe environment.
Bicentennial events that the committee plans to reschedule include:
- Cotillion Affair bicentennial ball
- Black Swamp Historical Festival
- State of Eight Vintage Base Ball Tournament
- Birthday bash at the courthouse
- Historical downtown walking tour with local historians Larry Michaels and Mike Gilbert
- Bootlegger’s Ball
For information and updates on the Sandusky County Bicentennial, visit www.bicentennial2020.org.