The last day of school for Port Clinton City School District students is Friday, May 26. Students will no longer be in the classroom, but there are numerous summer activities taking place in the district. Check the district website www.pccsd.net under the Bulletin Board.
Champions for Children has popular Summer Enrichment Camps. The nine, one-week sessions are in June through August. They offer child care options from 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Kids enjoy a wide-range of activities and interesting camp themes for an affordable rate. Call Lisa Chura at 419-734-2815, ext 1112.
Port Clinton High School Coaches also offer a variety of summer camps and clinics:
- Redskin Girls Basketball Camp – June 5-8 in the Middle School Gym. Campers entering Grades 2-5 from 9-10:15 a.m.; Grades 6-8 from 10:30 a.m. until noon. Cost is $35. Girls Basketball Coach is Kevin Belden.
- T-ball for boys and girls, ages 5-6 at Taft Hill. (Age 4 accepted if parent assists). Held every Wednesday in June. Free.
- Redskin Soccer Camp – Hosted by Girls & Boys Coach Paco Romero, will host special summer clinics for children in grades preschool through eight from June 5-8. Cost is $25 per student; $45 for two family members; $60 for three of more. Grades PK, K-1 will be held from 5–6 p.m.; Grades 2 -4 from 6–7 p.m. and grades 5-8 from 7– 8 p.m. at True Lay Stadium.
- Football Camp – Coach Erie Leuthold and staff host a Youth Football Camp on May 22-24 for grades 1-6. Coaches meet elementary students at Bataan Memorial and walk over to stadium at 3:30–5:30 p.m.; Junior Camp on June 12 is for grades 7, 8, 9 at True Lay Stadium, 8-10 a.m. Cost is $25 for pre-registration, $30 at the door.
- PC Summer Strength Training – “COMMIT, Compete, Contend!” Offering Middle School and High School Sessions. Begins Wednesday, May 31 for high school; Thursday, June 1 for Middle School, all at 7:30 a.m.- 9 a.m. High School on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; Middle School on Tuesday-Thursday on May 31-June 2 and the weeks of June 5 through July 24. Free.
- Tennis Camps – From June 19-July 13 in two Monday-Thursday sessions, with a third session for older students. Tennis camp sessions I and II are for students in Grades 1–12. Grades 1-3 are 9:-9:30 a.m., $25; Grades 4-6 9:45–10:45 a.m. $40; and Grades 7-12 will be 11 a.m.–noon. Cost varies by age group.
- PC Piranhas Swim Team is a summer youth competitive swim program that competes in the North Coast Summer Swim League. Practice begins in June at the Port Clinton Natatorium.
- Volleyball Camp will be held June 12-14 at Port Clinton Middle School to introduce the fundamentals of volleyball to new players and enhance skills of current players. Under the direction of Coach Kent Felbinger. Grades 4-6: 3:30-5 p.m.; Grades 7-8: 5-7 p.m. Cost is $25.
- Port Clinton Wrestling Clinic – June 5 is for K-6 graders, cost $35; June 6 is the more advanced session for Grade 7-12. Cost $50.
All camp information and registration forms can be found at the Port Clinton City Schools website, www.pccsd.net under the “Bulletin Board” section.