The Oak Harbor Public Library has so much more than books! In addition to summer reading opportunities, during August visitors can enjoy family bingo, crafts, and tips on being sun safe this summer.
Meeting rooms are available by reservation. Quiet Rooms are available on a first- come first-served basis. The Oak Harbor Public Library Local History & Museum Center is open on Thursday from 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Library hours are: Monday – Thursday: 9:30 a..m.-6 p.m.; Friday: 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-noon. Contactless pickup is still available. For any questions, call 419-898-7001.
- Monarch Release on Saturday, Aug. 7 at 11 a.m.
- Family Bingo on Tuesday, Aug. 10 at
- 1 p.m. Win prizes!
- Picture Frame Craft Monday, Aug. 23 at 2 p.m. All supplies provided.
- Storytime for preschoolers every Wednesday at 11:30 am.
Just for Adults:
- Be Sun Safe with Family and Consumer Sciences Educator, Katie Schlagheck. Use the Dermascan machine to see if you have any sun damage on your skin and learn about ways to protect yourself this summer! Monday, Aug. 16 at 4 p.m.
- Pictorial Tour of Mackinaw, Mich. Area on Tuesday, Aug. 17 at 2 p.m.
- Watercolor on Wednesday from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Bring your own supplies and join others who enjoy the art of watercolor.
- Knitter’s Group on Thursdays from 9:30 a..m. to noon. Bring your own supplies and see what others are making.
If book clubs are more your thing, the Oak Harbor Public Library has them!
Coffee and a Book Club will read “The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek” by Kim Michelle Richardson for August. The Book Club meets on Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 11 a.m. in the library meeting room. Pick up the book at the library beforehand.
Our next evening book club will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 24 at 6 p.m. at the library. We will be discussing “The Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom. Pick up the book at the Library beforehand.
Make sure to check out all of the free digital resources on the Oak Harbor Public Library website.