After School Fun programs for boys and girls in November at the Oak Harbor Public Library, 147 W. Main St., Oak Harbor include Building with Legos from Nov. 6-17, and Make a Christmas Ornament on Nov. 20 -21, and all day on Nov. 24.
Storytime for preschoolers is held every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. in the children’s area of the library.
Just for Adults:
- Memories of a Vietnam Veteran: Presented by Ron Hart, a local Vietnam Vet. Hart will speak about his experiences on Saturday, Nov. 4 at 11 a.m. Register at 419-898-7001 or @oakharborpubliclibrary.org.
- Do you have questions about Social Security? A question-and-answer session with Erin Thompson, a Social Security representative, is held Wednesday morning, Nov. 8 at 10 a.m. Register.
- 60+ Plus Clinic at the library. Provided by the Ottawa County Health Department, Wednesday, Nov. 8 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The clinic provides basic services to people 60+ such as blood pressure screening, cholesterol screening, and health education, all at no charge. Schedule an appointment at 419-734-6800.
- Christmas Card Craft on Monday, Nov. 20 at 2 p.m. Register.
- Watercolor on Wednesdays from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Bring supplies.
- Needle Crafts Group on Thursdays from 9:30-11 a.m. Bring supplies.
- Pinochle every Friday at 2 p.m.
- “Coffee and a Book” meets on Wednesday, Nov. 8 at noon in the library meeting room. The Next Thing You know an emotional story about the power of human connection by Jessica Strawser.
- 4th Tuesday Book Club is on Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 6 p.m. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson a Pulitzer Prize winning book, about an elderly Congregationalist and the legacies and memories he wants to pass on to his son.
Library Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. The library will close on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, and Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 23, and close at 5 p.m. on Nov. 22.
The Local History & Museum Center is open Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.